If you are anything like me, you woke up this morning with a million things to do before the work day even started. Emails to send, paperwork to tend to, projects to work on. But maybe you hit that snooze button a few too many times, and now there's no time to do everything you wanted before leaving the house for the day.
I hate it when this happens. I woke up this morning feeling like all sorts of shit. I ate too much this weekend, got only a couple hours of sleep, and I have an endless pile of homework and work obligations that are suffocating me. It's raining and cold out, and I'm pretty sure I hate my haircut right now.
To this list of woes I reply: so what! It's Monday, and it's time to set things straight! And so I am choosing to write this post of positivity at 6:36am instead of checking off any other item on my to-do list. I want to talk about what good things are coming this week, and what I'm going to do to make them happen. I think of writing this post as meditation, and what I concentrate on now will guide the trajectory of my week.
These are the awesome things I want to focus on this week!
- trying to remove gluten from my diet! And receiving this book in the mail.
- making progress on my exhibition and thesis. I am done overthinking this! It is time to disseminate.
- creating premium content! That is all I want to do with my life! I should remember that more often.
- finishing our last week of training before the Austin Half Marathon on Sunday. Holy shit.
- recording lots of fun podcasts & staying on top of posting them.
What things do you want to get done this week? What improves your Monday morning attitude?
For those of you who want to see the rest of the above photo, log in lovelies...