After many experiments in self-discipline, exercise, diet & spirituality, I've identified a few things that I KNOW make me happy if I do them every day. As Kelly & I ease into our next experiment in wealth, I want to bring these habits back into my life!
- Wake early. This is a really tough one, but so worth it! When we get up at 5a, we can meditate & run before it gets too hot out. Exercising in the morning totally energizes me for the rest of the day.
- Meditate. When I meditate daily, I am less anxious, more mindful, more in touch with the universe, & more focused on visualizing my desires. Meditation helps me get what I want!
- Exercise. It's true, you can get addicted to the endorphins that come with exercise. Running, bicycling & pushups are what I'd like to do every single day!
- Eat (mostly) raw. I now know for CERTAIN that eating a raw vegan diet is what my body wants to feel its best. However, my mind often wants the comfort of warm carbohydrates, so I am willing to compromise. I eat all raw throughout the week, then allow myself a little cooked food drug on the weekends. Deprivation sucks! But eating raw is ideal for natural energy.
- Create! I know I am happiest when Kelly & I are recording the podcast & I am posting articles to this site daily. The podcast is a way for us to keep our relationship healthy & preserve memories. This site is my obsession! It's kind of like looking in the mirror–every time I look, I find something I want to improve.
- See friends. It's easy to get caught up in air conditioned work & hide inside, but I find that I am happiest when I socialize at least once a day. Besides, if I am the average of the 5 people I spend the most time with, I want surround myself with rawsome folks :]
- Always be grateful for what I have & visualizing what I want. When I know what I want & am grateful for what I have, I open myself up to accept abundance from the universe!
What habits make you happy? Are they hard to keep up with every day?