Even if you don't consider yourself a writer, you are. You write all the time; it's a huge part of why you have to go to school. Written language is a human technology designed to help us remember what we know so we can build on it and evolve. That's why writing is the single best way to get in a good mood: it reminds you what you already know.
What you know
These concepts are built into all of us. Sometimes society trains us to believe otherwise, but these are the core truths about your existence.
- Feeling good feels good.
- Life is supposed to be fun.
- You are perfect just the way you are.
- You are one with that which made you.
Why writing, and not drawing?
Writing is the easiest way to direct your thoughts. This is because although we think in words AND pictures, words are symbols of pictures or concepts, so they are a shortcut to describing the pictures in your mind. Kelly says writing is the easiest way to record and focus your thoughts as quickly as they come.
Writing takes the energy that is your thoughts and makes it physical. As you write down your thoughts, you release them. Since you have written them down, you don't have to worry about remembering them anymore. When you release thoughts by writing them down and then consciously look for ones that feel better than the last, you move up the emotional scale.
Drawing has its place too. When you doodle, sketch, or draw, you enter a meditative state where your natural creativity flows out of your pen. When you enter this meditative state, you stop your negative thoughts. When you stop negative thoughts, you release resistance and allow yourself to become one with the flow of well being.
Start your magickal record
When you use writing to direct your thoughts and therefore your life experience, you create a record you can look back on. Writing down your thoughts is one way to prove their power. The only way to prove to yourself that choosing to feel good works is to try it yourself, and keeping a record of your positive thoughts is like a lab notebook of your experiments. That's why my lifestream is my magickal record–the proof that thinking positive works is all there.
My gift for you
Sometimes directing your thoughts on a public website can be intimidating. And sometimes it's just more fun to use a pen instead of a keyboard. So I made you a fun worksheet! It's based on my gathering momentum posts, which have improved my life in unimaginable ways.
This worksheet is guaranteed to improve your mood. And the best part is that it has three areas for doodling, so as you direct your thoughts through writing, you can spend some time spacing out and releasing negative thoughts. This will help you get in that good feeling flow!
Why gathering momentum?
This PDF is called a "gathering momentum" worksheet because it is a way to literally gather good feeling thoughts, which give your mind positive thinking momentum. By choosing to direct your thoughts, you are choosing the fork in the road that leads towards feeling good. Plus, when you spend time creating positive thoughts, you make a bookmark or remembering place to return to throughout the day when you need to find something good to think about.
Download your worksheet now
- List 10 things you're grateful for. Feeling gratitude brings more things to feel grateful about.
- Complete the sentence "wouldn't it be nice if" with something that would be really cool if would happen! It doesn't have to be realistic, just fun to ponder.
- Complete the sentence "today I intend to". Find the most important things you really want to accomplish today.
- List 5 things you love. When you think about what you love, you attract more things to love into your life.
- List 3 things you're excited about. Looking for things to be excited about brings more excitement!
- Quiet your mind and ask your higher self for advice. What would the negative-thought-free version of you say?
- Picture yourself being interviewed for a major success. What question would you want to be asked about it? This will help you create a pathway towards your goal.
- List thoughts you would like to make truth today. Practice thinking and believing them throughout your day.
- List 4 things that inspire you today. Looking for inspiration will bring more inspiration!
Now you can buy the Gathering Momentum Workbook! 8.5x11'', 100 worksheets, coil bound, $15!