Almost a year ago I started the School of Life Design because I wanted to be happy. I wanted to live my life on my own terms and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I was fresh out of graduate school with a lot of debt and a lot of big ideas. I had just learned about the law of attraction and was ready to take a risk to see if I could design my ideal life: no day job, no one telling me what to do, and total freedom to pursue my own desires.
With the love and support of Kelly, my friends and the life design community, I painstakingly uprooted the way I'd been thinking for 28 years. Every single day, I consciously chose to think more positively. I listened to hours of Abraham workshops. I had scores of epiphanies and wrote articles about as many as I could. I learned how to have a desire and let it go. I learned to focus on what I want. I learned that everything is just a thought, and that I get more of whatever I focus on. I learned that I am 100% responsible for my life experience. I learned how to choose better feeling thoughts. I learned how to get what I want by feeling good.
Now I operate on an entirely new level. When I wake up in the morning, I excitedly ponder what I want, then proceed to get everything I want handed to me by the universe in perfectly unfolding flow. I occasionally find myself in a bad mood, but it feels unnatural. It is now my dominant proclivity to feel good and think positively.
Lower level operations
What positive thinking has done for me is taken care of all of my basic needs in life; I've put my lower level operations on autopilot. My health is perfect and I have a fitness routine I adore. My bills and rent are paid and my income increases every single month. I don't worry about money anymore. My love life is robust and adventurous. My creative endeavors, as you can see on this site, are taking me to thrilling new heights. I even get along with my parents about a million times better.
I love my life. It's running smoothly. I have no complaints. And I get to practice magick every single day. It's like I have a magick wand and if I use it just right, I can get anything I want.
Upper level operations
Now that I have eliminated worry about love, money, health and relationships from my life, I get to move onto more esoteric pursuits. The next phase in the big picture of my life design will include exploration into:
- Telepathy: if everything is just a thought, and even you are just a thought, I should be able to communicate my thoughts in the air effortlessly.
- Lucid dreaming: I've had a lot of nudges in this direction, and it's kind of a freaky step. What happens when my dreams are as real as my waking life?
- Methods for thinking about what I want: my only challenge in life design is coming up with new things to want. I know how it works now. All I have to do to get something is have a strong desire and let it go. Then it comes. I want to want more and more and more!
- Flow toy spellcasting: flow toys like Astrojax have completely changed my relationship with my physical body. Practicing flow feels so good that it's like a shortcut to getting what I want. Feeling flow is the same as feeling knowing, and the best time to think about what you want is when you know that it's already yours.
- Meditation as a direct channel to my higher self: the more I meditate, the more I feel connected to source, and the more power I have.
I'm not telling you how good my life is to brag. I'm sharing my progress so you can see it's possible for anyone to ditch the status quo and live an exciting, fulfilling life. The only reason I am where I am is because I practiced. I practiced thinking the way I want to think. I practiced telling a new story about my life. I practiced thinking about what I'm grateful for. I practiced loving myself. I practiced playing Astrojax. I practiced feeling relief.
And day by day, bit by bit, it got easier. It got easier to think loving thoughts about people who were annoying me. It got easier to stop beating myself up. It got easier to see the big picture. It got easier to remember what I know.
I'm writing this to remind myself, and you, that life is magickal. And that even though it sounds pretty damn scary at first, we are brilliant creators as powerful and valuable as the entire universe. When you wake up in the morning, you can decide what you want, and then you can effortlessly flow down the path of least resistance (and most fun) and get everything you wished for handed to you. It's all true. It just takes practice.
You are in control of your life and everything in it. You are so powerful that you can have a desire for something and it will literally appear in your life experience the next moment. You just have to practice and prove it to yourself little by little. It doesn't happen all at once.
Have confidence that the tiny efforts you make every day to direct your thoughts and improve your mood are paying off. Don't give up. There is an incredible world opening up right in front of you. Take a deep breath and keep going. You'll be so relieved you did.