If you ever feel bad, sit down at your keyboard and start writing. Journal about your day, make up a story, or pen a letter to your ex.
Not feeling the inspiration? Try my daily practice. Nearly every day I write 1000 words of positivity, which usually follows this format:
- 250 words of "I am so grateful for..."
- 250 words of "Wouldn't it be nice if...?"
- 250 words of "I love it when..."
- 250 words of "Dear Jessica," a letter from my higher self.
- Somewhere in the mix I usually ask myself, "What do you want?"
Gratitude puts my mind into drive. "Wouldn't it be nice" helps me focus on what I prefer, instead of what I don't want. "I love it when" gets me practicing the feeling of enjoyment and excitement. And my higher self knows everything, so she usually just tells me to relax, trust that everything is working out, and stop thinking.
Often I'm in a crummy mood because I want something but I'm too lazy to figure it out. Taking the time to identify what it is I think I'm lacking helps me ask and then let go of the desire, because when you ask it is given.